Share Content








Share

Thursday, July 17, 2014

WTF? .. A Chinese Student Refuses To See His Mother Because She Is 'Too Ugly'


Too Ugly To See Mom?

There is a Chinese college student in China who thinks his mother is uglu and he refuses to see her... Really?!


The interview transcript in English. The mother's name is Auntie Ding.


Auntie Ding: He said I’m ugly, that I shouldn’t come, saying I would embarrass him.

Narrator: Auntie Ding is from Yuyao. Her son is 32 years old this year. Last month, her son called home and said [he and his wife] have given birth to a daughter. So Auntie Ding came specifically this time to see her granddaughter.

Auntie Ding: My old man [husband] said not to come, and I said our daughter-in-law has given birth, so I definitely must come, that I’ll bring some stuff to give them. I got up at 4am and got here a little after 9am. Before 10am, I was wandering here and there searching [for her son]. Those two workers asked if I was scavenging garbage [usually for recyclables]. I said I’m not scavenging garbage, I’m looking for my son, he’s a car salesman. The two workers then also helped me look, but my son still hasn’t appeared.

Narrator: Auntie Ding says she left home at 4am in the morning, and rode the bus from the village to Yuyao, then rode another bus from Yuyao to Xiaoshan, shouldering a carrying pole the entire way carrying rice vermicelli, ham, and dried beancurd for her son’s family, as well as baby clothes she had prepared for her granddaughter, all made by herself. A basket of eggs even had a live chicken, but it had already died by this time.

Reporter: Did you give him a call before hand?

I called him yesterday and said I would come, that my body/health has been better these few days, that I was worried for his wife, so much that I couldn’t eat [due to mood]. My husband also said to him, your mom isn’t eating, she wants to visit, so let her visit. He said okay.

Narrator: The merchants nearby also used their mobile phones to help Auntie Ding call her son, but no one answered. Auntie Ding says she only knows that her son works at a company at the Xiaoshan Car Market, but as for which company and what he does, she isn’t clear. A merchant pretended to be a customer and sent a text message to Auntie Ding’s son, only to get a reply saying Chief Xu was on a business trip to Xiamen. Auntie Ding says her son has not been in touch with his family much since graduating from university, had met his current wife about four or five years ago, and the two married last year.

Reporter: Do you keep in touch much normally?

Auntie Ding: I’ll call him, and he’ll talk to me briefly, but he won’t call, he won’t call you [on his own normally]. He hasn’t called/visited after finishing college.

Reporter: He stopped keeping in touch after finishing university?

Auntie Ding: Very rarely, and he doesn’t care to visit.



from: ChinaSmack

No comments: