Share Content








Share

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DailyBigmouth's Top 5 Robin Williams Movies


My Top 5 Robin Williams Movies

I'm sure you heard by now about the shocking death of actor and comedian Robin Williams. He passed away yesterday by suicide after battling depression. He was a huge part of childhood growing up in the 90s and now I feel like part of that is gone. He had so many great movies that I enjoyed watching.

Here are my top 5 Robin Williams movies




1) Good Will Hunting (1997)

My # 1 Robin Williams movie is Good Will Hunting. He played a therapist name Sean Maguire. The movie was nominated for nine academy awards and he won Best Supporting Actor. I love this movie because gives  perspective on life that you never had before. It weasels its way into your psyche.





2) Dead Poet Society (1989)

Runner-up in my list is the Dead Poet Society. He played an English teacher name John Keating to an all male prep school. The first time I saw this movie in my freshman in highs school. This is one of the few movies that really moved me. It's one of the most influential films I've watched and the only movie I could relate to directly and indirectly.




3) Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

One of his most iconic movie roles is Euphegenia Doubtfire in Mrs. Doubtfire. It's one of my favorite comedies and I remember watching in the theaters when I came out in 1993. This was one of his best comedic performances. Months before his death, it was announced a sequel to the movie was in the works  but now that will most likely not happen. 




4) Jumanji (1995)

I was obsessed with the movie Jumanji when I was kid, I even had the board game. He played Alan Parrish, a kid who discovers a old board game called Jumanji and then he gets stuck inside the game for over 20 years.  This film is one one of the best action/adventure movies and you feel like you are part in the journey with them. 




5) Aladdin (1992)

He voiced one of the recognizable Disney characters, Genie in Aladdin. which is my most favorite Disney movie. 

No comments: