Share Content








Share

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Woman Divorces Husband Because He Wanted To Keep Baby With Down Syndrome


Bring Leo Home

This story just breaks my heart. A father name Samual Forrest is speaking on his story about finding out that his newborn son name Leo has down syndrome. His wife divorced him because he decided to keep the baby and now he asking for donations to bring him to Auckland, NZ.

"This really came out of the blue for me," he said. "I don’t have a lot, I have very little in fact. The goal is to raise enough for a year so I can get a part-time job so Leo doesn't have to be in daycare and I can help care for him. He's lost a lot in two weeks. It'd be different if he had his mommy."Forrest has recently been working with disability awareness groups to share his story in the hopes that parents will become better educated on children with special needs."After what I've been through with Leo, I'm not going to sit back and watch babies be sent to orphanages," he said. "As a child with Down syndrome, that becomes somewhat of a label. If we can get around this label, we’ll see that they’re normal. They’re a little different from us, but they’re still normal.


Donate  here

No comments: