Share Content








Share

Friday, June 11, 2010

Experts say Lady Gaga "Wants" to Offend people with her video

I'm pretty you all have seen the Alejandro video by Lady Gaga that is sparking controversy. Well MTV.com is reporting that experts are saying that she "wants" people to be offended.


from MTV.com

And it's easy to say that the woman who has been there and done that for decades now, Madonna, is heavily paid homage to in the Steven Klein-directed videoNew York Times music critic Jon Caramanica noted that it also looks like Gaga is making a play for the Queen of Pop's throne.
"I think she's claiming that territory," Caramanica said. "I'm sure she'd say she loves Madonna ... but I also think she's saying, 'This is mine.' And also, like, 'I'm murdering you with my own style. I've learned this. I know how to do this ... And look how flawlessly I do it.' "
Caramanica agreed that Gaga's attempt to create controversy with the religious imagery was a bit obvious, but that's not the point. "It almost doesn't matter if it's lazy; even the worst provocation is going to succeed," he said. "She got what she wanted: People are mad about the video. I'm sure she wanted that. ... She's doing that to participate in that almost 

No comments: