Share Content








Share

Monday, October 6, 2014

CELEB: Raven Symone Causes Controversy For Saying She Is Not African-American


"I Don't Want To Labeled African-American"

Child star Raven Symone caused controversy on social media today when she appeared Oprah's "Where Are They Now" on OWN. She talked about labels and says she does not want be labeled gay and rather be 'labeled who loves humans.

"I knew when I was, like, 12," the entertainer, now 28, recalled. "I was looking at everything." Still, the actress cautioned, "I don't want to be labeled 'gay.' I want to be labeled 'a human who loves humans.'"



She says she knew she liked girls since the age 12. But the one comment that causes controversy is when she said she does not want to be labeled African-American. She claims she not know how far her roots go and that she is just an American, which is 'colorless person'.

"I mean, I don't know where my roots go to," Raven explained. "I don't know how far back they go...I don't know what country in Africa I'm from, but I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I'm an American. And that's a colorless person." Winfrey warned, "You're going to get a lot of flak for saying you're not African American. You know that, right?" The College Road Trip star put her hand up and reiterated, "I don't label myself. I have darker skin. I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with Caucasian. I connect with Asian. I connect with Black. I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture."



No comments: